E-Business Suite R12

I am looking for my next gig. A human resources person in my company asked what I did for a living. I said I was an Oracle developer. She told me they had some hard to fill positions for me. Unfortunately they required EBS experience. Turns out I have none.

EBS stands for E-Business Suite. It is also know as e-BS, EB-Suite, and Applications/Apps. They are a bunch of Oracle business applications. They are each licensed separately. The latest release is Release 12, also known as R12. EBS is huge. It is second only to SAP in sales.

Here are the main groups of apps in EBS:
  1. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
  2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
  3. Supply Chain Management (SCM)
 The EBS is built on top of the following stack of technologies:
  • Oracle Forms Server
  • Oracle Reports Server
  • Apache Web Server
  • Oracle Discoverer
  • JInitiator
  • Java