Access Control Lists

I have a stored procedure that is trying to use utl_http go scrape a web page. Initially I was encountering an ORA-24247: network access error. Apparently the user running the procedure must be explicitly given access to the network before Oracle will let this web request go through.

So I create an ACL by calling the CREATE_ACL procedure. I actually need to name the XML file where the details will be stored. I provide the user I will use as a parameter to the procedure. Now that the ACL has been created.

I also need to call the ASSIGN_ACL procedure. This is where I specify the host and ports. I am not choosing any specifics here. Just want to punch through the network using Oracle. Luckily I can use wildcards and NULL to be generic.

After crossing my fingers, I run my custom procedure to access a web page. Now I get an ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure. Does it really have to be this hard? The browsers make it look really easy to retrieve content on the web.