Oracle Certified Professional

Today I started reading up to study to be an OCP. My plan is to be an Oracle Certified Profession in PL/SQL programming. I read the first and second chapters in the Oracle training for this exam. I will be sharing what I learned later.

For now I continue discussing some things I learned reading a book on Oracle 11g. Triggers are associated with a single table. The trigger gets dropped automatically if the table is dropped.

An Oracle user have some other names. It is called an account. It is also called a schema. This means the user has a password for authentication. The user potentially owns some database tables, as well as other database objects.

Next time I will discuss some standard power user accounts in Oracle, as well as the clauses in a SELECT statement.